Thursday, May 20, 2010

A preview of coming attractions

I should probably mention at this point that dog carts are not my prime interest. Building it was often amusing, but I still regard wagons as superior to carts for SCA use, and as soon as I can finish up blogging the dog cart build I want to get back to small wagons. This is a shot of what's still my favorite build--the 'oseberg' wagon.





As you can see it breaks down completely for transport, and all the parts fit in the wagon bed (Duke Sir Rhinohide not included). The curved plywood bed is a little bit complicated to build, but it's amazingly light and strong.

I'll also be putting up plans for the first "Caitlin Hauler" which doesn't breakdown for transport, but is sturdy as all get out.


So for those of you who are looking for small wagons we'll be back there soon...

Up next, the rest of the dog cart wheel instructions.

McK


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your Oseberg instructions. When my daughter is old enough not to throw herself out of the wagon I will certainly be making one of them. In the meantime, I thought I might send you a link to images the cart I made after being inspired by this site. http://www.flickr.com/photos/7912075@N05/4846749652/ I learned a lot and have definitely come up with places where I would have done it differently in future, but it packed flat, stayed together quite sturdily, supported the weight of 2 adults sitting on it and all in all, it did the job. Thanks again for all the information you shared!

    ReplyDelete